Sunday 9 October 2011

Paul Nanji

Hi, I'm Paul Nanji and I'm 43

I work for Chiltern District Council in Amersham and manage the leisure and Community team . My professional career is very much linked to enjoying sport, which has always played a really important part in my life. I have been cycling for only three years and taking part in the Tour de Farce in 2010 was a fantastic experience. Myself, Stuart, Steve, Kyle and George cycled across France raising money for two fantastic charities, namely, Marie Curie and Crohns and Colitis UK. Cycling from Rome to Home is twice the distance and will be a massive challenge but with a lot of training and the support of the my team mates I am sure I will manage to complete the taskand most importantly raise funds for our chosen charities, Help for Heroes and Motor Neurone Disease Association. 

On a personal level raising funds for the Motor Neurone Association is particularly important to me. I lost my mother-in-law Lynne to the disease in May 2011 and experienced first hand the devastating impact this illness has on the patient and their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment